Thursday, November 18, 2010

Dear, Santa


I love America. But really, I do. I love learning about it - one of my favorite books is State by State: A Panoramic Portrait of America - and I am an American Studies major here at college. One of the best gifts I have received is the original artwork from the inside cover of State by State. I love my home state and city - San Francisco, California. I brag about it as much as possible (way to go Giants) as I truly believe it is the best state in the Union. I plan to partake in the 2010 Big Eat San Francisco: 100 Things to Try Before You Die and I hope to be able to do The Big To-Do San Francisco: 250 Things To Do Before You Die. So this love of America notably bleeds into how I dress. I love Americana classic, and so this Christmas some of my gifts certainly channel that love.


I love this striped dress with its long sleeves pushed up - such effortless cool. I would definitely wear the dress with these nude strappy wedges. A simple stone pendant or a brightly colored chain link necklace over a striped tee, jeans, and flats is my view of a perfect outfit. I also love those nude strappy wedges with a red mini and a black and white striped boxy tee with a black blazer thrown on. I will wear all these pieces as separates from fall to summer and back again. Classic, timeless, American.