Tuesday, January 4, 2011

What to Wear With: Faux Fur Vests

I purchased a faux fur vest from Zara last week, and have been thinking about the various ways in which I can wear it. I have come up with a few: casual, dressed-up, and edgy. Today, we are going to do casual, which is the closest to my day to day look.


My vest is black fur and I love its length, it just grazes my hips which is perfect for me - being 5'10" I often have difficulty with length. I wore it the other day with my favorite AG skinny jeans - The Stilt - a white button down, a pendant necklace made of two vintage keys I purchased at an antique store, and bright blue, pink and black leopard print Lanvin flats. Which is what the above outfit is based off of.

This Rachel Roy vest has the perfect length that my vest has - I have to be honest I'm not a fan of the belt, so I would take that off and leave the vest open. Wear a basic white button down under it - a staple everyone should own. Wear it with skinny jeans and bright flats like these bright blue ones from Steve Madden. Accessorize with funky pendant necklaces like these two: a clock face, and a funny jeweled fish.