Friday, March 25, 2011

It's A Jungle Out There: Safari Trend


I am obsessed with this skirt from Jones New York. I saw it in a magazine and thought, "so cute!" then saw the price and thought, "DONE!" It is a great piece for the price. Pencil skirts are very flattering, and honestly, $99 is about how much I am willing to spend on a passing trend. So once I saw this skirt my next thought was, of course, what do I wear this with? 

I would wear it with a great swingy, boxy sweater. Whenever I do tight on one part of the body (like with this pencil skirt) I like to go loose on the other part (boxy sweater). It is flattering and appropriate. I love this light sweather in a matching neutral from MICHAEL Michael Kors. I can also see that sweater with white shorts or jeans. Underneath the sweater wear a simple white tank underpiece.

Wear some great accessories with this, like a wooden bead necklace - love the one glittery accent - and snakeskin shoes that don't have a pattern, just a texture, in basic nude. You're ready for the urban or corporate jungle.