Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Style to Steal: Julija Steponaviciute


I love this feminine and classic look. It is so simple, yet undeniably stylish. Here is an inexpensive way to recreate Julija's look.


Start with skinny black pants. It is hard to tell from the picture, so I am not entirely sure what material her pants are. Regardless, the pair I've featured is from Paige Premium Denim and they are corduroy. Corduroy is a great winter fabric for warmth so I highly recommend it, even if it isn't exactly replicating Julija's outfit.

I cannot extol the virtues of Equipment blouses more. They are so comfortable and flattering, and will create the great oversized and blousey look. They come in a large variety of colors, but for this outfit we are using the "Natural White." 

Her tweed blazer in pinky-red takes what could be a very basic, almost boyish, outfit to a feminine and chic place. Do the same with this berry colored tweed jacket from Spiegal. 

Finally, wear a pair of black ankle booties with a thick heel like these from Joe's Jeans. And carry a black bag with a chain-link strap. I like this one because the studs add a bit of edge to the look.